It was a whirlwind trip to southern California this week to spend some time with one of my roommates from College, and turned out to be a fantastic getaway.. long overdue! Driving down the 5 was surprisingly a breeze, even through LA, the nourished landscape was a brilliant green and the snowcapped Grapevine was a wonderful treat! I arrived in San Diego just in time to watch the sunset with my old roommate, Gretchen and splash in the ocean before having a little dinner and watching the Grammy's.
On Monday I met up with Alyssa and Jessica and enjoyed a deliciously healthy breakfast at the Naked Cafe in Solana Beach, which featured all organic foods! Then the girls and I took a walk on the beach enjoying both the high tide and catching up with one another. Now Alyssa is off on the adventure of a lifetime with her husband to serve with the peace corp, where they will not only live without electricity and running water, but need to grow their own food to sustain themselves. Good luck my friends, my prayers are with you and I look forward to following all about your adventures on your blog. I will miss you while you are gone!
After a great visit with the roommates, I headed to my alma mater! It was great to see former mentors and remember such a wonderful time in my life! As I head into the next chapter of my life, its nice to have time to look back on my Bachelor's program. Also it always great when people are proud of where you are and what you have accomplished so far. My heart goes to those losing their jobs and looking for work, may your hope for the future be bright and your dreams never die!
One of my favorites things to do is be a 'hometown tourist.' In San Diego, Rebeca and I visited Cabrillo National Monument. Here you can play in the tide-pools, walk though an old light house, see spectacular panoramic views of the city, and really enjoy the company your with :)! And before heading to LA I had yet another breakfast on the beach with a friend I hadn't seen in 7 years! It is amazing how time flies (both the 7 years and the breakfast that turned into a great 2 and half hours!) So great seeing Sheri and catching up!
So in Los Angles, there are over 4200 acres right off the 5 for your outdoor enjoyment at Griffith Park. Anything from hiking, biking, going to the zoo, viewing the Hollywood sign, visiting the observatory, so much more... all free. This made for a perfect time with my VBFITWWWE (very best friend in the whole wide world ever)! I have to say one of my favorite things in the Observatory was the giant Periodic Table filled with each of the elements as an example... I'm such a geek! I think Christy like the Spinning Jupiter Ball best :)... but as you can tell, we had a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend a trip to Griffith Park! We also made sure to get pictures with the Hollywood sign before we headed APU to meet up with Erica for a dinner filled with many giggles!
It was a great few days, filled with wonderful friendships and beautiful scenery... a perfect Getaway!
No comments:
Post a Comment