Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Carter turns 5!

It has been one of the great pleasures of life watching my God-children grow over the years. When Carter was born, I had the honored privileged of giving him his very first bath, I'm pretty sure it was at that moment he stole my heart! As we celebrated his 5th birthday with dinner Friday night and a party Saturday, I couldn't help but share all the joy this little man has brought to my life!
Friday night I was greeted with a hug-ready sprinting leap into my arms... what is better than that? Well maybe that followed by him sitting in my lap telling me all about his fantastic fun filled day, 5 year old style of course, only to be interrupted by my 7 year old God-daughter, Emma starting a tickle war... AWESOME! And just FYI I may or may not have gotten him in trouble with Mom during dinner... but he totally threw me under the bus... all I'm going to say is, "We don't throw food." :) What?!?! I'm the Aunt... not the Mom... *smiles innocently* I also loved when he looked at me, put his palm to his forehead and said, "So weird" ...so what if my Bethany puts me in the head count of kids coming to the birthday party... I get leaping hug greetings plus there's silly string involved!
It was a great afternoon filled with all kinds of super hero fun on Saturday! Tara, Bethany and I got the decorations up just in time for the kids to filter in. We all had a blast watching as the kids sprayed the Spiderman villains with silly string, then attacked the villains with stickers while blindfolded and of course finished with a deliciously creative cake!
Now I just can't wait to see what new adventure Carter finds himself in as he now gets ready to start Kindergarten in the fall... crazy! Happy Birthday Bud, I'm so proud to be your God-mother!

No comments: