What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
This month I was forced to put some things behind me, things I didn't want to let go of, but as I began to, I started to understand more of that which truly lies inside me. When I hold onto something so tight maybe something bad for me, what am I keeping myself from? When I opened up to this question I began to earnestly discover the answer. And November unfolded. It started with a wonderful day at the Salon with Brenda, getting a new hair do to go with my new perspective.
I was blessed to spend my God-daughters birthday with her and her friends at Tricks Gymnastics! What fun it is to be a kid, that day I wished I was 7 years old too! But when she introduced me to her friends with mischief in her eyes saying, "This is my Aunt Sara...she tickles *giggles*", I knew I had the best job at the party!
Then it was time to be filled with thanks! And I was... Uncle Barry did NOT burn the house down with his deep fried turkey adventure.. that's gratefulness! But it was honestly one of my favorite Thanksgivings in a long time! Just the right amount of everything from travel, to fun, to fellowship and of course family ;)! That thankful attitude was definitely aided by the addition of my Pastors "Make it though the Holiday's Daily Devotionals" ...I hope there are some coming for Christmas...hint hint :)! (Thanks Ray)
Then I just had to go to an 8 year olds Birthday Party.. darn! I guess the thing I learning most about myself is just how much fun it is to be a kid, what's with this growing up thing anyway? My niece Kallie, had way too much fun at her Rollerskating Birthday Party, but so did all those kids at heart (aka adults).
And just when I thought I would have to grow up, to my surprise and delight was the Blizzard of '09. Well maybe not "Blizzard", but it did actually snow in the Sacramento Valley for the first time in almost 8 years. The boys that I'm taking care of decided to get up at 3a and go play in it, what was I supposed to do... not join them? I wonder if they knew they would get sick if it would make them reconsider... nahhhh :)! Either way, it was a beautiful sight for anyones eyes, hope you enjoy the pictures too! And remember that the Holidays give the perfect excuse to activate you inner Kid at Heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment