Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Alphabetizer

When spending a week in a beautiful place I can't help but pick up my camera, so this time I decided to challenge myself with a photography project. Taking the lead from my lovely friend Sue, who posts a new alphabet picture every Wednesday, I used each picture to represent a different letter of the alphabet.  I hope you enjoy :)
 A- Sitting in the Adirondack chair on the back deck of the vacation house was a wonderful way to start or finish the day! Anacortes is a wonderfully picturesque place!
B- Fantastic views of the sunset as these Brothers sit Cliff-side together taking it all in.
C-I'm a little bit biased whenever it comes to this guy... Caleb is growing up so fast, I can't believe he starts High School in just a few weeks!
D-We all had a lot of fun playing on this beach covered in Driftwood at Deception Pass.
E- Of course E, would stand for Espresso, what else? But this is in fact the very Espresso Machine from the very First Starbucks at 1912 Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington... LOVE I think so!!! :) Former Starbucks employees can appreciate when I say, it was their downtime and they still had 11 staff... sheesh! Props goes out to you First Starbucks, I give you a 5 Star for my experience! Thanks!
F- Nothing but my Favorite Things take over this picture.. Bare Feet, the Ocean, and a beautiful Sunset! What a great day!!
G- So much to be Grateful for, I couldn't help but make this my letter G! :)
H- Friday Harbor was definitely a place I'd love to go back to visit! From the Ferry Ride over, to the diversity the Island offers and especially those spectacular views, it was the perfect way to spend a day!
I- Uriah absolutely loved how easy it was to quench his thirst with his bottled Ice. ;)
J- Miss Rebecca Jumping for Joy after walking across the most iconic bridge in Washington state separating Fidalgo Island from Whidbey Island, Deception Pass was amazing, I could have spent all day here too :)
K- We didn't get a chance to do this, but a Kayak tour of the San Juan Islands with views of Vancover, BC in the background seems like a perfect reason to go back! 
L- Well after seeing Despicable Me in Anacortes, of course I had to take a picture of the LIGHTBULB! I definitely recommend both seeing Despicable Me and riding a ferry for a day trip get-away!
M- One of my daily activities became a walk around the neighborhood, on on of those walks I found a fantastic front yard with this classic Merry-Go-Round.  Homeowners after my own heart :)


N- One of the best things Deception Pass has to offer in their over 4000 acre State Park are hiking trails like this one.  There are over 38 miles of hiking trails, AWESOME! Who doesn't love Nature?
O- Never expected to find a piece of Iowa nestled on an Island above Washington :) but here it was with and Old Barn and giant letter O bails of Hay.  
P- Although it was quite crowded, it is still a must do! Pike Place Market, Please watch for flying fish :)
Q- Ok, so my Q might be the most obvious of my cop-outs but hey... you try :) This motorboat used its quickness to maneuver his way out to sea :)
 R- While trying to capture the incredible view from the World Vision Chapel I noticed that there was a double picture here, so I got to capture my Reflection as well :) I thought it was fun!
S- While waiting for the ferry to return for our pick up I decided to have fun in the sun and capture my shadow, I want to try this again and get a little more creative!! let me know if you have tried this and have any ideas please!!
T- On another evening walk, I found this whimsical wind-chime that seemed to enjoy twirling in the wind as much as I enjoyed watching it! 
U- Standing Under the Deception Pass Bridge...so beautiful!! also fun to climb, but apparently prohibited.. oops! I'm such a monkey sometimes, in my defense I didn't see the sign until after I climbed the bridge :)
 V- My mind wanders between YUM! and mom always says Eat your Vegetables! The Pike Place Market was full of all kinds of wonderful foods, this is just one of the many markets!
W- The World Vision Office! Got to meet some amazing people here, saw all the amazing things happening and absolutely loved the wall of crosses from around the globe!  A truly great place to be and I had a great time visiting! 
X- X marks the pier, how many X's can you spy here at Friday Harbor? 
Y- The Yakima, Ferry Boat definitely on my re-do list :)
Z- A sign of successful trip...10 min into the ride home the oldest and youngest are full of ZZZZZ's :)


How did you enjoy the adventure to Anacortes, Wa through my camera.
I would also love to hear about any adventures you have taken either in person or with your camera! 
Blessings, 
Pageface

1 comment:

Lindy said...

LOVED the journey!!! I'm thinking I should try A-Z picture taking with my grandson, it would be a great scrapbook idea!!
Linda (Liv's mom)