Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What's my Purpose?

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Grab life by the mane. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Consider the lilies. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion.
Lion Chaser's Manifesto from Mark Batterson's, In a Pit with the Lion.



When job searching it becomes difficult to stay encouraged.  Reading the Lion Chaser Manifesto not only encourages me to dream but to focus on what is ahead for me.  I am blazing a new trail, I am not holding back and most importantly I am setting God-sized goals.  So what are my dreams and aspirations? I want to serve God on every continent at least once. I enjoy being outside and quality time with people.  I enjoy encouraging others to pursue who they are and what they should do. I love that moment when something I have shared or taught makes impact and I see the result directly. I love the feeling when someone has met Christ for the first time. When a life is changed because God choose to use me in that moment, it is both humbling and rewarding. On that note, I'd love for you to meet Him if you haven't yet!


As far as the job search, I am still quite confused.  Someone once told me it doesn't limit my job opportunities to be a person that brings people together because you can do that in any field, so now I focus on what I want to do. What would I do for 8+ hours a day and still be excited for more. Welcome to my adventure in job searching, I welcome any suggestions for me in either the searching or the finding! :)


Lord, please use me every minute of everyday whether in a secular or ministry position, and allow Your Glory go before me in my endeavor to find a job. -S

1 comment:

Spencer Joplin said...

"I want to serve God on every continent at least once."
Any ideas for an Antarctic mission?