Friday, September 11, 2009

Low Key Fun!

Last weekend was filled with fun of the low key kind! A last minute BBQ idea turned into a night of grilling up S'mores over said BBQ and watching Capt. Jack and the rest of the crew in Pirates of the Caribbean- a perfect way to celebrate not laboring if you ask me.
And come Monday, it was time for a little rematch... this time on my turf. Jen may have taken the Lanes, but I'm taking the Greens! This is one battle that may never be over, but I'm pretty sure it's more fun that way! Next up: Laser Tag?
But first, I can hardly contain my excitement as I prepare to hear Luis Palau this weekend at Bayside Church in Granite Bay. I remember hearing so many tidbits of wisdom over the years on Klove or Air1 radio, teaching me about reaching the world for God, and now I have the priviledge of hearing him for an entire sermon, definitely counting my blessings! If you are anywhere in the greater Sacramento area this weekend you should try to make it to one of the Bayside Services options! For information and directions check out http://www.baysideonline.com/.
And last but definitely not least, I would like to remember this day. What seems like only yesterday was in fact 8 years ago. Sometimes it baffles me just how fast time flies, but I would like to take time today to Remember, Thank, and Honor the lives impacted by the events of 9/11. United We Stand, a slogan created to bring a nation back together, but a lesson never to be forgotten! Blessings to you all!