'Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.' - Mark 10:16
In a week that could have been so hard for me, there were so many unexpected blessings. On Wednesday my Grandfather, sister and I all celebrated my Grandmothers birthday for the first time without her. Since last November we have tried live our lives in a way that would celebrate and honor her. She would definitely have appreciated the great time we had just for her, enjoying dinner together at the Spaghetti Factory and then playing glow-in-the-dark mini-golf at Monster Mini Golf. There are many times that I wish I could see her face or hear more of her wisdom in the everyday but knowing that she is at the feet of Jesus is the complete blessing. Thank you Rachel for planning this unexpected blessing!
Then on Thursday, I thought I had been given tickets to a concert, but it turned out to be so much more. It was a night full of completely refreshing worship disguised as a concert. Opening with Brenton Brown was wonderful beacuse during the Thriving Musicians Summit last weekend I hadn’t actually had the chance to hear him! And then Casting Crowns took the stage. Over the years I knew their impact in my life through their lyrics but I had never seen them live so I did not know their personal story. What a cool youth Pastor this guy is… and he even took time during intermission to bless youth leaders who had come to the concert. Not only do these guys make a difference here in the US but just before intermission the lead singer, Mark Hall told the story of how they became a part of World Vision. His family adopted “Bo” who is the same age and has the same Birthday as Mark’s own and how their youth group has taken trips to Africa to serve. Such a great way to Serve Him and such a great night! Thanks John for this the unexpected blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment