Sunday, September 20, 2009

Today is the Day... to Rest-ish

It has been another fun-filled week but I am exhausted! I got up very early last Sunday morning to hear one of my favorite Professors from PLNU, Dr. Bob Smith preach. In matter of minutes he reminded me just why I learned so much from him as a student! Such a blessed way to start a busy week!

Then my wonderful parents took care of me by putting new brakes on the Pilot! While up the hill, I stopped by to see the new Andersons Napa Auto Parts store, which is just about ready for the big move! Check out the slideshow to see the before and after shots of the building, the Parental unit definitely deserves a vacation after this, can’t say they will get one after all they do own the place :)!

Then it was time to kick off this years Thriving Musician Summit at Bayside Church. I have been looking forward to this since… well the end of TMS last year! I have always have great time serving the people on our campus during the conference! And of course visiting with Amanda, Matt and Bruce is wonderful but Debi we made sure to document just how much missed you at registration.. note the upside-down smiles! Having Roo for the first time was an added bonus too, welcome to the conference crew Roo! Together all of us were able to serve about 1000 conference attendees for 3 days filled with 90 workshops to improve their skills, be inspired as well as encouraged. I personally enjoyed hearing some great new worship songs from Josh Wilson who played an amazing loop version of Amazing Grace, also Laura Story who wrote the song Indescribable, made famous by Chris Tomlin, and then of course another great concert with Lincoln Brewster! It was a great few days for sure, definitely worth the exhaustion! For information about the CMS conferences near you, check out www.christianmusiciansummit.com.